Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Text Blog Post Entry Five - My Break

Vivian and I decided to spend some time exploring the northern island of New Zealand this holiday. We bought a bus ticket which enabled us to use the intercity buses and any national ferry for thirty hours so we were free to go to wherever we want to go. The first days were rainy and we didn't feel like leaving the motels at Te Kuiti and National Park but we made an expedition to find the falls of National Park. Unfortunately we returned with wet and muddy clothes without having seen the falls.
Whanganui, our next stop, was also full of dark clouds but fortunately without any rain and we could go for a long walk in order to look at the west coast with its black sand. The next day we visited Wellington and took the ferry to Picton with its green mountains and small islands.
We didn't spend more than one day per village. This was a pity in the case of Wellington where I would like to have stayed longer and visit some more cafes and bookshops. The last stop of our trip was Taupo. We knew that many people go bungee jumping there and had some discussions whether we should try it or not. After walking nervously around the area and watching other people jump I decided to jump too so though I was very afraid of the looong distance from the top to the ground. After the jump I felt like a newborn and was very euphoric to show off to my friends and relatives at Germany.
I enjoyed our trip and hope that I can explore the south island next time.

No comments: